On Sunday, November 27, 2016 at 9:07:26 AM UTC-7, Nicolas Grekas wrote:

>> couldn't all these new interfaces move in the Psr\Cache namespace (thus
>>> releasing them as psr/cache 1.1 on packagist?)
>>>

>> That's an interesting idea, but also kinda confusing for users because
>> Psr\Cache would suddenly contain a Psr\Cache\Cache which sounds like the
>> thing to use, but also the Pool.. So maybe best to just duplicate the
>> InvalidArgumentException/CacheException into SimpleCache namespace.
>>

> May I suggest to name it Psr\Cache\SimpleCacheInterface (and release it as
> psr/cache 1.1?)
> This would make the most sense to me.

This suggestion would make a lot more sense if PSR-16 was actually intended
to *replace* PSR-6.  My understanding is that -16 is merely a simplified
approach that can be used alongside -6, not an attempt to replace it
outright.  Folding this PSR into `psr/cache` would have a number of side
effects, including pulling in interfaces that aren't actually used,
decreased clarity about which are which, increased complexity of
documentation (gotta look at two separate PSRs to understand what's going
on), and so on.  Not to mention the confusion that would follow a version
bump (specifically this one, but also potentially others, if bugfixes are
applied later), such as: "So is PSR-6 superceded?" "What bugfix caused a
version bump?" "Oh, great, now my implementation is out of date..." and so
forth.

This *could* be done, sure, but I believe both PSR-6 and PSR-16 are better
served having separate repos for their interfaces, despite sharing some
interfaces (at least conceptually).

Only feedback I have that I haven't seen already.