OK, I'm behind in this, but putting this forward again.

Last fall we discussed an Errata for PSR-6 around the handling of the expiresAt() method, which is documented to use PHP 5.5-and-up features but doesn't enforce it at the type hint level. The recommended solution in the errata last time was rejected, and there was expressed desire to use an exception instead. I therefore offer the following PR, which is essentially the same prose as before but with a different code recommendation:

https://github.com/php-fig/fig-standards/pull/915

I'll leave this for 2 weeks before calling a vote on it. Secretaries, please clarify if this would be just a CC vote or a dual-vote. (Since it's an Errata on a spec, and specs are CC vote only, I would think it's CC only but will accept the Secretaries' decision.)

--Larry Garfield