Hi all,

We've been attempting to get more nominations so this has been delayed a
few times but we now have three candidates so we're rolling with it.

Full information about the Secretary vote and role is visible in the bylaws
here: http://www.php-fig.org/bylaws/mission-and-structure/#secretaries

You can check out their nomination topics and ask questions there.

*Votes may be cast by project reps or CC members.* If an individual is both
a rep and a CC member, they may one vote once.

*Nominations List*

   - Margret Staples - Topic
   <https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/php-fig/vrx5V3WW0sk>
   - Alessandro Lai - Topic
   <https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/php-fig/hUQ-Jn_ZkLw>
   - Mark Railton - Topic
   <https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/php-fig/wMyGG1eoQQk>

*How to vote*
The voting system used is STV[1][2], so basically, *there is no tactical
voting possible* (like with FPTP); *vote for who you want*, even if they
are a less popular candidates as your vote will move down to a different
candidate if you back an unpopular candidate who doesn't have enough votes;
if a candidate is elected, their surplus votes are also re-allocated so you
are not punished for backing popular candidates either. There is no quorum,
you are of course entitled to not vote and it will not count as a missed
vote on the voting sheet. *Rank the candidates in order of preference *for
example*:*

1. Luke
2. Leia
3. Anakin
4. Rey
5. Padmé
6. Finn

*You may, if you wish, not rank all three candidates* (however this is
relatively pointless in STV, only do this if your bottom candidates are of
equal preference to you). For example:

1. Luke
2. Anakin
3. Padmé
4. Leia

*The vote ends at 23:59 UTC on the 2nd November,* and I will close the vote
 and *announce the result at some point on the 3rd*. At any time, any
candidate or voting member may privately ask me to do a count and tell them
who would be elected to which term if the vote ended at that point. Please
be wary of 'STV calculators' on the internet as there are many different
ways of calculating the vote reallocation for STV and many are inaccurate,
our methods are dictated in the bylaws.

Good luck to all the candidates!

--
Many thanks,