Hi Everyone,
I totally agree that merging #1183 was an overstep on my part, the bylaws
are clear that it should be a secretary managing merging and not the editor
of the PSR. I also agree that some of these changes would qualify for
errata, I appreciate you paying attention and holding me accountable.

That said I think our bylaws are a little too open when it comes to
managing these sorts of changes. Once a PSR is accepted, secretaries are
charged with managing "typos, changes or errata" with the optional help of
the editor:
> If the Acceptance Vote passes, ... the Working Group is automatically
dissolved, however the Editor’s input (or a nominated individual
communicated to the secretaries) may be called upon in the future should
typos, changes or Errata on the specification be raised.

The "typos" and "changes" portion of that is classified more specifically
in the Amendments bylaw as "formatting and typo" fixes:

> If formatting is broken for any reason then changing formatting must not
be considered a change to the document. These can be merged or pushed
without hesitation by a secretary, as long as they don’t change anything of
any meaning or syntax.

So secretaries are expected to ensure modifications are "not ... considered
a change to the document" and "don’t change anything of any meaning or
syntax" with the occasional help of the Editor as needed. In practice, as
demonstrated here these things are subjective and can be interpreted
differently by different individuals. In this case, both the Editor of the
PSR and current secretaries looked at these changes and agreed they could
be merged without errata votes.

I think we should consider changing the typos and formatting change process
so that it's less subjective and more likely to result in stable
specifications. Perhaps we could have a subcommittee in the CC that has to
give blessing to merge changes to any approved specification.

Thanks again for keeping an eye on these things Larry,
Korvin