Hi,

+1

On 19/02/2021 15:30, Matthew Weier O'Phinney wrote:
Hi, everyone!

On 2021-01-25, I opened the discussion period around updating PSR-11 per the PSR Evolution bylaw (https://www.php-fig.org/bylaws/psr-evolution/ <https://www.php-fig.org/bylaws/psr-evolution/>). The discussion centers around three related proposals:

- https://github.com/php-fig/fig-standards/pull/1215 <https://github.com/php-fig/fig-standards/pull/1215> (the errata for the specification) - https://github.com/php-fig/container/pull/20 <https://github.com/php-fig/container/pull/20> (the first step of the evolution, adding argument typehints, and modifying defined exception interfaces to extend Throwable) - https://github.com/php-fig/container/pull/28 <https://github.com/php-fig/container/pull/28> (the second step of the evolution, adding return typehints where reasonable)

Since opening the discussion period, the main question was whether the second step should have the specification target PHP 8 in order to pick up the "mixed" type. Consensus is that we should target PHP 7 releases at this time, as this will allow libraries to adopt the changes faster. (As an example, we're only just now getting around to having laminas-servicemanager typehint explicitly against PSR-11 and not container-interop; we'll be able to jump to the latest versions of the spec immediately as a result.)

As the discussion period has passed the two-week minimum threshold, I now hereby open the vote.

+1 to merge the patches and create the new releases
-1 to leave things as-is
+0 to abstain

Thanks in advance, everyone!

--
Matthew Weier O'Phinney
mweierophin...@gmail.com <mailto:mweierophin...@gmail.com>

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "PHP Framework Interoperability Group" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to php-fig+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com <mailto:php-fig+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/php-fig/CAJp_myVHMjmrQmk5LP_5rvdLYzbTPquQJSX%2BDE%2B2KS4UzbsJ2A%40mail.gmail.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/php-fig/CAJp_myVHMjmrQmk5LP_5rvdLYzbTPquQJSX%2BDE%2B2KS4UzbsJ2A%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

--
Matteo Beccati

Development & Consulting - http://www.beccati.com/