Greetings, FIGlets.  (What does one call a FIG-involved person, anyway?
FIGlet?  FIGment?)

As you may be aware, PHP 8.1 is going to include support for Enumerations.

https://wiki.php.net/rfc/enumerations

I believe it would be beneficial for some common industrial enumerated types to
have a common library, rather than everyone making their own.  The first
examples that jump out at me are HTTP status codes and methods, which I have
implemented here:

https://github.com/Crell/EnumTools

There are likely others, but I haven't come up with them yet.  (Obviously this
code won't run on any released PHP version yet, but I'm pretty sure the syntax
is right...)

I am fine hosting these myself, but it occurs to me that they may be of more
value if hosted by a more prominent organization, such as FIG.  Of course, it's
not really a spec; a PSR for these wouldn't make any sense.  It's more akin to
the Util libraries that we maintain for various PSRs, but without an associated
PSR.

How do folks feel about FIG hosting such an enum collection?  We could make it
one package or several, depending on how we decide to break it up.  If FIG is
OK hosting it I am happy to dump the enums I already build into whatever
package FIG wants to use for them.

Discuss.

--
  Larry Garfield