Thinking about this the last couple of days, there were two topics that
feel worth sharing:

1. Instead of specifying a specific enumeration in a PSR, a PSR could also
describe a policy for how to maintain a specific enum package. For
instance, the mentioned country codes for phone numbers PSR could specify
that the implementation will be updated when the ITU E.164 registry
changes. New enum entries will be added, old entries could be deprecated an
removed after 2 years. The PSR could contain an initial implementation,
especially if there are additional methods on the enum.

2. Given the mission of the FIG, should we try to limit ourselves to enums
that have interop benefits? For instance, log levels and HTTP status codes
seem like good candidates, but I can't readily see units of measurement
(except potentially for time) being of direct use.

--
Vincent