Hi everyone,

I tried to find an answer to this in the existing conversations here but I
couldn't seem to find anything, I apologize if it's already been discussed.

I'm reading PSR-12 and trying to understand what these two lines mean. They
seem to be disconnected from the subsection they're in, so it's hard to
tell what it's referring to exactly.

Lines 255 and 256
<https://github.com/php-fig/fig-standards/blob/master/accepted/PSR-12-extended-coding-style-guide.md?plain=1#L255-L256>
 are
under subsection 4.1 -  *Extends and Implements. *They are also under
section 4 -

*Classes, Properties, and Methods.*They say...

> Opening braces MUST be on their own line and MUST NOT be preceded or
followed by a blank line
> Closing braces MUST be on their own line and MUST NOT be preceded by a
blank line.

There are no opening or closing braces directly associated with the
"extends" or "implements" keywords, just for the class.

Above that, in the same section, it says “The opening brace *for the class*
MUST
[…]”. That line explicitly specifies the brace is for the class, but the
two lines in question don't specify what the braces are for.

Are those lines referring to the class, just as the line above it is? Or is
it referring to the section title; *Classes, Properties, and Methods*?
(leaving out properties).