php-general Digest 4 Jun 2006 04:15:43 -0000 Issue 4165

ASCII Chars Only
        237327 by: Richard Collyer
        237328 by: Rabin Vincent
        237329 by: Richard Collyer

.htaccess - change index.php to index.abc
        237330 by: Labunski
        237332 by: Joe Wollard

        237331 by: George Babichev

Re: php java intregration
        237333 by: Vedanta Barooah

        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To unsubscribe from the digest, e-mail:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To post to the list, e-mail:
        php-general@lists.php.net

Hello,

Trying to get the following working. I am trynig to select only ASCII characters (not extended ASCII) so that if the string contains characters outside the 32 - 126 range of "good" characters then $Discard is returned as > 0.

But it is going overboard telling me that every character is bad :(

Ideas?

Cheers
Richard

        $test = "飯島真�as";

        function non_ascii($str) {
                $Discard = 0;

                for ($i=0; $i < strlen($str); $i++)
                {
                        $char = ord($test{$i});

                        if (($char < 32 || $char > 126)) {
                                $Discard++;

                return $Discard;
        }

        print non_ascii($test);

On 6/3/06, Richard Collyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello,

Trying to get the following working. I am trynig to select only ASCII
characters (not extended ASCII) so that if the string contains
characters outside the 32 - 126 range of "good" characters then $Discard
is returned as > 0.

But it is going overboard telling me that every character is bad :(

Ideas?

Cheers
Richard

        $test = "飯島真理as";

        function non_ascii($str) {
                $Discard = 0;

                for ($i=0; $i < strlen($str); $i++)
                {
                        $char = ord($test{$i});

That should be $str, not $test.

Rabin

Rabin Vincent wrote:
On 6/3/06, Richard Collyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello,

Trying to get the following working. I am trynig to select only ASCII
characters (not extended ASCII) so that if the string contains
characters outside the 32 - 126 range of "good" characters then $Discard
is returned as > 0.

But it is going overboard telling me that every character is bad :(

Ideas?

Cheers
Richard

        $test = "飯島真理as";

        function non_ascii($str) {
                $Discard = 0;

                for ($i=0; $i < strlen($str); $i++)
                {
                        $char = ord($test{$i});

That should be $str, not $test.

Rabin

Doh!

I am indeed a spanner. Thanks.

Cheers
Richard

Hello,

What should I change in .htaccess, so that visitors will see index.abc
instead of index.php.
I just wanna hide file's extension.

Thanks

If you don't want to change the names of the files themselve from .php to
.abc then you'd need to use something like mod_rewrite for apache's HTTPD.
I'm not entirely certain as to how you'd do this, but I've included what I
normally use to hide index.php in the url. If possible I'd put this in
httpd.conf instead of .htaccess - there are performance concerns that may be
involved there. Anyway, I hope this gets you started or sparks an idea from
another list member.

<Directory /var/www/html/>
 RewriteEngine on
 RewriteBase /

 RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
 RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
 RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php/$1 [L,QSA]
</Directory>

On 6/3/06, Labunski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello,

What should I change in .htaccess, so that visitors will see index.abc
instead of index.php.
I just wanna hide file's extension.

Thanks

Hello everyone! I wrote a blog application, but now for the admin panel, i
am trying to add a feature to delete blog posts. It would show the title of
the post next to it, and have a delete link which would delete it. How would
I do this? I mean if I have multiple blog entry's, how would I delete them
without using php my admin?

the pecl snapshots have the dll php_java.dll, but does not have the
jar php_java.jar which is also required?
- vedanta

On 6/3/06, Rabin Vincent <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 6/2/06, Vedanta Barooah <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> i am setting up php_java.dll extension under windows/iis, my php
> version is 5.1.2. can any one point me to the download location of
> php_java.jar which is needed for the setup.

Download "Collection of PECL modules for PHP" from the
Windows binaries section of php.net/downloads.php.

This is mentioned in php.net/java.

Rabin

--
Vedanta Barooah