php-general Digest 18 Aug 2007 10:33:00 -0000 Issue 4968

Re: apache/php with sybase12.5
        260981 by: ROUKOS Michel
        260986 by: Thijs Lensselink

Re: www.soongy.com
        260982 by: Dan

Re: About Session And Cookies
        260983 by: Warren Vail
        260984 by: Bastien Koert

html to jpeg conversion.
        260985 by: Bindu Walia

iterating and changing value of an array using foreach and references - PHP
5.2.3
        260987 by: Yashesh Bhatia

Cookies and sent headers
        260988 by: Otto Wyss
        260989 by: Kelvin Park

Some of my wounded are non-transportable.
        260990 by: DIANJU koehn

        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To unsubscribe from the digest, e-mail:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To post to the list, e-mail:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi,
I installed libtool 1.5 and tried again. The libphp.so was not created
as well.
I tried also to run with
./configure --with-apx2=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs
make
make install

same results: libphp5.so is not created under modules/ directory.

Thanks and regards,
Michel

Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 17:03:54 -0700> Subject: RE: [PHP] About Session And
Cookies> > Kelvin,> > Sessions is just one of the items recommended for an
[...]
helps,> > Warren> > > -----Original Message-----> From: Kelvin Park
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] > Sent: Friday, August 17, 2007 3:02 PM> To: [EMAIL
PROTECTED]> Subject: [PHP] About Session And Cookies> > I am trying to setup a
secure login system.> I've heard that if I use just cookies for login, members
without cookie> turned out won't be able to see the member pages.> > Is using
session recommended for e-commerce websites with shopping carts?> Or, using
both of them might be more effective in some way.> > -- > PHP General Mailing
List (http://www.php.net/)> To unsubscribe, visit:
http://www.php.net/unsub.php>
Invite your mail contacts to join your friends list with Windows Live Spaces.
It's easy!

Hi,
   I am looking for  a way to convert a html page to a jpeg image. The html
page is a file with images and text. Could someone please suggest a method
or point me to any existing work on this?

Thanks,
Bindu

Hi,

  Here's an interesting observation i noticed while using foreach to
iterate on arrays using
references for it's values.

PHP version
$ php -v
PHP 5.2.3 (cli) (built: Jun  8 2007 14:31:21)
Copyright (c) 1997-2007 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2007 Zend Technologies
Source code
<?php

// initialize array
$cat1 = array();
$cat1[15] = array('tid' => 15, 'ar_needed' => 'no');
$cat1[16] = array('tid' => 16, 'ar_needed' => 'no');
$cat1[17] = array('tid' => 17, 'ar_needed' => 'no');

// print it
print "\n\$cat1 = ";
print_r($cat1);
print "\n";

// iterate using foreach and reference
foreach ($cat1 as $k => &$v) {
  if ($k == 15) {
    $v['ar_needed'] = 'yes'; // dummy change

// print array
print "\n\$cat1 = ";
print_r($cat1);
print "\n";

// reiterate
foreach ($cat1 as $k => $v) {
  print "\$k = $k\n";
  print "\$v = ";
  print_r($v);
  print "\n";
}
?>
OUTPUT
$cat1 = Array
(
    [15] => Array
        (
            [tid] => 15
            [ar_needed] => no
        )
    [16] => Array
        (
            [tid] => 16
            [ar_needed] => no
        )
    [17] => Array
        (
            [tid] => 17
            [ar_needed] => no
        )
)

$cat1 = Array
(
    [15] => Array
        (
            [tid] => 15
            [ar_needed] => yes
        )
    [16] => Array
        (
            [tid] => 16
            [ar_needed] => no
        )
    [17] => Array
        (
            [tid] => 17
            [ar_needed] => no
        )
)

$k = 15
$v = Array
(
    [tid] => 15
    [ar_needed] => yes
)

$k = 16
$v = Array
(
    [tid] => 16
    [ar_needed] => no
)

$k = 17
$v = Array
(
    [tid] => 16
    [ar_needed] => no
)

As seen in the above output all the print statements give expected
output except the last
set in the 2nd iteration
$k = 17
$v = Array
(
    [tid] => 16
    [ar_needed] => no
)

the $k looks fine but the $v is not correct for some reason. Any clue
what could be wrong
here ?. Also, in the 2nd iteration of the name of the variable is
changed from $v to $v1
it displays correctly
$k = 17
$v1 = Array
(
    [tid] => 17
    [ar_needed] => no
)

Thanks.

Yashesh Bhatia.

Go Pre
http://www2.localaccess.com/rlalonde/pre.htm

--- Begin Message --- If built a simple login page and store any information within $_SESSION's. Yet I'd like to move these into cookies but I always get an error about sent headers. Is there a way to circumvent this problem without changing too much in the page?

The setting of the cookies happens just at the end of the page.

  if (!$errortext and $Anmelden) {
    if (!empty($Permanent)) {
      $expires = time()+ 365 * 86400;  // 365 days
      setcookie ("l.Lastname", $_SESSION['l_Lastname'], $expires);
      setcookie ("l.Firstname", $_SESSION['l_Firstname'], $expires);
      setcookie ("l.Email1", $_SESSION['l_Email1'], $expires);
      setcookie ("l.Email2", $_SESSION['l_Email2'], $expires);
    }
    echo "<script type=\"text/javascript\">
          parent.location.replace('$index_php";
          </script>";
    exit;
  }

O. Wyss

Kelvin Park wrote:
Otto Wyss wrote:
[...]

ob_start() might help

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- H'E-R+E WE GO AGAI.N! T H,E B-I-G O N,E B-EFORE T'H.E SEPTEMBER.RA'+LLY!

T'H_E MAR.KET IS AB,OUT TO P,O.P-, A'N-D SO IS E+X*M+T !

F.irm: EXCHANG_+E MOBIL'E T,E,L'E (Othe,r O*T.C-: E XMT.PK) Tic_k: E+X_M*T A.s+k_: 0'.-0.8 5-'day pote+,ntial: 0-.,4_0
T,h'i+s a gre.at opp.or.tunity to at leas't do uble up!

N'o*t o,n*l_y d*o_e*s t,h-i+s f,i*r*m h-a_v,e gre*at fundam*enta*ls, b,u_t gettin g t.h*i-s oppo_rtu'nity at t+h e r.ight time', rig.ht be'fore t*h'e rall.y is w.h*a't m akes t.h*i's d*e+a_l so swe-et! Wat,ch it s-o+a.r*!

Wr*ite t-h+e gen'e rated i+n_s.n as a par,,allel w.i+t.h e_+lements be+ing a s*e't of o*n_e re.gi*ster f.r.o_m t'h+e app.,ropriate me,mory locatio,*n (_y-o u m'a.y a*l_s_o n'e.e,d u.s.e or clo*bber elem'*ents). M*a+n y L-inux ker-nel networ'k driver-s u.s'e an aut,opro.be rou,tine t'h,a't c,a+n de.tect t,h'e networ,k boar'd a_n,d i,t*s setti_n_gs at b,o.o't t+i-m+e,. T+h*e t_y*p_e of t.h+e s econd " inn.er" fu+n,ction in t,h_e f+unct+ion c,ompositio n operat-,ion. Al*ong o*n+e w_a.l+l of t h-e kit-chen a met_al trou'gh -- or w a,s it m'etal, exactly . I w_a_s t_ired of atta,cks c-oming f+r'o*m be*hind.