php-general Digest 16 Sep 2007 07:17:13 -0000 Issue 5021

Re: Urgent Help Needed
        262139 by: Stut

Configure mail to use Gmail smtp
        262140 by: debussy007

        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To unsubscribe from the digest, e-mail:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To post to the list, e-mail:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

vingupta3 wrote:
  Its been a whiling i am searching for "Sync Outlook
with MySQL via PHP".
I want to synchronize Calendar events and Contacts
from Outlook with MySQL via PHP.
Can you help me with it..

http://php.net/com

Here endeth the PHP involvement. Look up the Outlook COM objects in the MSDN documentation for help with those.

a very thanks in advance!

A very you're welcome on time.

-Stut

--
http://stut.net/

Hello,

I have read here : http://www.geekzone.co.nz/tonyhughes/599
that I can use Gmail as a free SMTP server.

Is it possible to change the php.ini in order to have this running ?

I need to specify in some way the following :

Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server - requires TLS:     smtp.gmail.com (use
authentication)
Use Authentication: Yes
Use STARTTLS: Yes (some clients call this SSL)
Port: 465 or 587
Account Name:   your Gmail username (including '@gmail.com')
Email Address:  your original isp address ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Password:       your Gmail password

I can see in the php.ini that I can specify the port, smtp server and the
from.

But how do I do for he other parameters ?

Thank you !!