php-general Digest 26 Feb 2008 11:02:50 -0000 Issue 5315

Re: temprorary error
        270129 by: Matty Sarro
        270131 by: Warren Vail
        270135 by: tedd

session id
        270130 by: Łukasz Wojciechowski
        270132 by: Daniel Brown

Re: When to use design patterns?
        270133 by: tedd
        270134 by: tedd
        270140 by: Wolf

Re: Deleting all rows in a database every 24 hours?
        270136 by: Daevid Vincent

Re: Mysql vs. Mysqli crash handling
        270137 by: Larry Garfield

PHP cuts download process prematurely
        270138 by: Manuel Barros Reyes
        270139 by: Shawn McKenzie
        270141 by: Andrés Robinet

Re: insert text with no specific format into database table
        270142 by: jeffry s

        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To unsubscribe from the digest, e-mail:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To post to the list, e-mail:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

So, if God begat Rasmus, and Rasmus begat PHP... that means PHP is like a
gift from God right? Kinda like the Transformers? And microwave burritos?

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 3:09 PM, Wolf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> ---- tedd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > At 11:18 AM -0500 2/25/08, Daniel Brown wrote:
> > >     I didn't think Quakers could use computers.  Or electricity.
> > >
> > >--
> > ></Dan>
> >

> > No, that's the Amish.
> >
> > Quakers are the one's who make cereal.
> >
> Except for Joseph who run the underground power cable through the field
> one day and has the computer which hides in the hidden chamber behind the
> roll-top desk that is activated via a hidden release/tumbler system.
>
> There are definitely days when the power being missing are fun though...
> ;)

That sound like the lineage to me. (Don't you hear the voices?)

Warren Vail

At 5:49 PM -0500 2/25/08, Matty Sarro wrote:
So, if God begat Rasmus, and Rasmus begat PHP... that means PHP is like a gift from God right? Kinda like the Transformers? And microwave burritos?

I'm glad that someone get's it. :-)

tedd
--
-------

Hi, I'm using SWFUpload JavaScript for my upload in my logged part of
website. I'm passing session_id in every post request from flash
object. In my script I set forwarded id with
session_id($_POST['passed_id']) but I got logout on that request (it's
redirecting me to login page) and I'm also logged out in my browser
(not flash). Then I need to relog. Everything is working fine when I'm
not touching session_id() id setting. Any clues?

--
Łukasz Wojciechowski

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 5:51 PM, Łukasz Wojciechowski
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi, I'm using SWFUpload JavaScript for my upload in my logged part of
>  website. I'm passing session_id in every post request from flash
>  object. In my script I set forwarded id with
>  session_id($_POST['passed_id']) but I got logout on that request (it's
>  redirecting me to login page) and I'm also logged out in my browser
>  (not flash). Then I need to relog. Everything is working fine when I'm
>  not touching session_id() id setting. Any clues?

    Try this instead:

<?
session_start();
$_SESSION['passed_id'] = $_POST['passed_id']; // Sets the server-side
session variable
$_COOKIE['PHPSESSID'] = $_POST['passed_id']; // Names the session
whatever data was POST'ed
?>

    As always, BE SURE TO SANITIZE YOUR CODE!

--
</Dan>

Daniel P. Brown
Senior Unix Geek
<? while(1) { $me = $mind--; sleep(86400); } ?>

At 4:27 PM -0500 2/25/08, Jason Pruim wrote:
On Feb 25, 2008, at 4:18 PM, tedd wrote:
I do everything from basic design to back-end stuff and everything in between -- all with the newest buzz-words applied (i.e., graceful degradation, unobtrusive code, accessible, functional, secure, and it validates).
Can you do web 2.0? Because it just HAS to be web 2.0... anything else is soooooooo last version.... :)

No, I'm already doing Web 3.0.

In this biz, you have to stay ahead of the game.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------

At 9:58 PM +0000 2/25/08, Stut wrote:

Not disagreeing with you, but just to be clear Joomla is a fork of Mambo.

-Stut

Oh, I thought everyone was talking about dances and all along it's been silverware.

Damn, I'm never going to get this design pattern thing.  :-)

Cheers,

tedd

--
------

It depends on the size and scope of your project.  For the most part, you
should know what you have coded before and when encountering something new, the
previous work should help in doing the new work.

Hth

Wolf