From: Philip Olson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2001 3:19 PM
To: Cal Evans
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [PHP] How can I get a random number

Through recognition technologies this will work nicely, am looking forward
to it.  The key is using oversized ping pong balls as to allow oversized
letters, about a 8" radius ping pong ball will work.  Be sure to use black
ink.  Also, keep in mind that ink increases weight so use balancing
ink, similar to what one uses for tires (although tires use lead, not
ink).  The balancing ink should be transparent as to create a square
plot, this way the ink will be evenly distributed on each ping pong ball
as to create a truly random result.  Granted it's a subtle difference but
we DO want a random result.

The trick is getting the camera to read the ping pong ball, read the
manual on that.  Some have inserted transmitters within the balls but that
creates needless costs so it's not suggested.

philip