hey robert,

have a look at binarycloud, with form builder, we take form input, check it,
and return errors with the same form, input there and everything.

if you want, you can have it do fancy stuff like carry over elements on
multi page forms (a person forgets fo fill out one elemtn on a page, instead
of sending them back to that page - we just say "oops, you forgot to put in
your name" and give them the form element. etc)

soon, form building will allow you to define all of your elements for a form
in xml, and attach "rules" (bits of php code that can filter input, or check
that one element equals some other value, etc) to form elements.

it's working really well for us, and soon it will be working ridiculously
well :)!

check out: http://www.binarycloud.com

_alex

--