Hi Brian,

Yes, I agree.

Early on in using PHP I was working with someone else's code, and kept
encountering the infamous condition test followed by straight HTML
scenario, like so:
if( this == true){?>
followed by some HTML
<?}else{?>
and more HTML, often quite a bit, sometimes 30-40 lines
  maybe with ,<?echo $somevar ?> and then
more and more then
<?}
back to php code.

Coming from the world of desktop programming and straight HTML, I also
hadn't grasped the concept that you do all your logic things up top, then
issue HTML. So, I'd be trolling around trying to find where the page
started it's display.

It sort of soured me on switching PHP on and off.

I'm also not fond of:
<input type = "submit" name = "action[]" value= "<? echo $SendBid ?>" >
although that's from my own code. It was simply cleaner.

I suppose if there was one thing I'd like it would be creation of a closing
bracket or tag when one enters the opening tag. But that becomes hellish
when you're adjusting logic and your editor keeps "helping" you.

Have a great day - it's sunny, cold and clear in Nova Scotia this morning.

Miles

PS Like your sig.