(BC == "Brian Clark") [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

R>> Thanks for the info Brian. But what about the path you have in the
R>> include statement? IE: include "../path1/file.php"

R>> Does it ignore the path? Try the path? Or just append that path to
R>> the end of each path in the include_path?

BC> Using PHP 3.0.18, every, single time I've used something like:

BC> include('../farmers/underwear.php');

BC> It works as expected.

I'm half alseep. I see what you're saying. I suppose if you did:

include('corn.php');

It's going to try each path. Ie. ".:/include:/usr/src"

./corn.php
(if not in .) /include/corn.php
(if not in /include) /usr/src/corn.php
(if not in /usr/src) Error.

And I *suspect* that even if you use ../corn.php, it's going to try
the include paths in the same way.

../corn.php is equivalent to ./../corn.php

-Brian
--
Like punning, programming is a play on words.