From: Samantha Savvakis [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 12. januar 2001 02:00
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP] Session File not being deleted

Hi,

I'm using:
SCO Openserver 5.0.5
PHP 4.0.4

I had this problem a little while ago, and didn't find a resolution to it.
I'm using sessions for a current application. The sessions are being created
and used as I want them to be. I have no problems with the way they are
working.

The files in my /tmp directory are never being removed. I've got files in
there from over 4 weeks ago and the list is growing.

I reviewed all the options in the php.ini file. I changed the following two
parameters to be small to see what happens:

session.gc_maxlifetime = 300 ; 300 seconds = 5 minutes
session.cache_expire = 2; 2 minutes

No change after changing the parameters. I even stopped and started my web
server to be sure that they would take effect and also printed out
php_info() to make sure the correct php.ini file is being used.

Any ideas as to what it might be?

Thanks,
Sam