Hi,

This "special server" is usually called an SMSC - SMS Center, run by your
mobile operator. These SMSC's are pretty powerful in the way that you can
access them through TCP (VPN for sure, and sometimes even HTTP), or through
a direct link connexion. You'd need to talk to your mobile operator to get
an access to it, though. Most offer that as a (paying) service to companies
whow ould like to easily send out mass SMS's to their employees, truck
drivers, agents, etc.

Complete specification for a pretty much used SMSC can be found on the NOKIA
site, in the developer's section.

Now I'm glad I had something to contribute to this list ;)

93s5n7$sh7$[EMAIL PROTECTED]