I'm seeing strange behavior with Magic Quotes in PHP on my ISP hosted
accounts. Basically, it's not consistently removing the escaped backslashes
before displaying.

For instance, take the following piece database text (stored in, say, a
character field)....

It's fun to be a penguin.

If I do a simple retrieve and echo on a webpage, I will get the following
80% of the time..

It's fun to be a penguin.

But, the other 20% of the time I get

It\'s fun to be a penguin.

There's something inconsistent about the way MagicQuotes are removed by the
system...it's as if the system gets "busy" or the cache gets flushed before
PHP gets the opportunity to unescape the single quotes.

Is anyone else seeing this behavior and has any suggestions on how to make
it work more consistent? Yes, I've been including "stripslashes" to try to
make SURE that these slashes get removed, but that doesn't work all the
time EITHER.

Roy