On Tuesday 16 January 2001 17:12, david klein wrote:

> Does anyone know how to handle this? One idea is to convert the <END OF
> LINE CHAR> to "<BR>" before putting it into the database, but how can
> we detect the <END OF LINE CHAR> in PHP?   Or is there any other ways?

Search the list archives. I already posted a solution for this (complete,
working source code) some time ago.
Here it is:
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 18:08:51 +0100

--
Christian Reiniger
LGDC Webmaster (http://sunsite.dk/lgdc/)

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can
change the world...
Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."

- Margaret Mead