This is a quite involved question youve asked :) I think your more
interested in how the hiarky works in a folder inside of folder system
right? I use a table with three fields.

category_num
parent_num
category_name

base (100, 0, base) -> fruits (101, 100, fruits) -> tomatoes (103, 101,
tomatoes)
                                                                         ->
oranges (104, 101, oranges)
                                -> vegetables (102, 100, fruits) -> brocolli
(105, 102, brocolli)

    -> carotts (106, 102, carotts)

| category_num | parent_num | category_name |
================================
| 100                | 0                 | base                 |
| 101                | 100             | fruits                 |
| 103                | 101             | tomatoes           |
| 104                | 101             | oranges             |
| 102                | 100             | vegetables         |
| 105                | 102             | brocolli             |
| 106                | 102             | carotts               |

draw a fairly simple tree out on paper and you will begin to see it all
clearer then outlook express allows me to :)

Ive seen tutorials around, ie phpbuilder.com, I found them confusing, hehe,
good luck !

Chris Lee
Mediawaveonline.com

0F9D3D919AADD211BE7E00A0C99B842009F242@SERVERDELL2200">news:0F9D3D919AADD211BE7E00A0C99B842009F242@SERVERDELL2200...