Hi

Start a DOS session and cd to the location of the mysql\bin
directory;  (maybe c:\mysql\bin?)
type in:
mysqld
exit
This will start  mysql and exit from the DOS window

You can access mysql as user ODBC or as root each one with no password
If you want to set up users, do the above but type mysql -u root   instead to
login as root. Then USE mysql; to get the mysql database, and do a GRANT SQL
statement.

You can also do the database access through Winmysql or one of the other Windows
MYSQL GUI's

HTH

--
Dell Coleman