On Wed, 17 Jan 2001, Pankaj Gupta wrote:
> Forcing a download is easy, but how can I tell the browser to name that file
> to something particular, say data1.txt
> Is there a header for that?

There sure is:

header("Content-disposition: filename=data1.txt");

BTW, I've been using that for a while, but I'm pretty sure I originally got
it from reading the user comments on http://php.net/header.

You can learn a lot from the people who post comments there. Whenever I
look up syntax, I ALWAYS check them.

Cheers,

brad