I can't say for sure but my gut reaction is:

1) Not using directories sounds like it would be complicated and
    a point of failure

2) If you want to have a single code source, maybe you should just
    create a stub page in each directory that includes the main one,
    something like:

    <?php
       $CompanyName = "widgets_R_us";
       include( "../common/common.php");
    ?>

At 11:31 AM 1/23/01 +0000, Adrian Murphy wrote:
>Hi,
>I'm creating a little app whereby people will be able to create a simple
>site for themselves (maybe 10 html pages).
>here's the problem:
>say their company is called "companyname" and my site is called
>"www.mysite.com" i'd like their site to be located at
>
>"http://www.mysite.com/companyname"
>
>Is there a way i can do this without creating indivual folders for each
>company.I'd like the whole creation process to be automated.
>I'm sure the ftp functions in php would allow for the generation of new
>folders for each,but since all content/style etc. will be pulled from a DB
>it's seems to me a little pointless having all these folders with the same
>php page in each.essentially i'd like a php script to run automatically each
>time taking what looks like a folder name and making a call to the db using
>this name as a variable.
>easy,difficult or impossible?
>thanx,
>adrian
>

>--

Brian White
Step Two Designs Pty Ltd - SGML, XML & HTML Consultancy

http://www.steptwo.com.au/
[EMAIL PROTECTED]