What is PHP Triad?  How can I learn more about it??

Hello guys,

I've just installed PHP and Apache on my Win2K workstation at home using
PHPTriad.

my include_path in PHP.ini has the following:

include_path    = "p:\includes c:\phplib P:\other_staff" ;

Now, it does work well includ()ing any files from these directories, however
it won't let me include() a simple file unless I specify the $DOCUMENT_ROOT
for it:

Ho be more clear:

#we are in the same directory...
include('prepend.php'); #works because it is within 'c:\phplib' directory'
include("$DOCUMENT_ROOT/a/folder/a/file.php"); #works as long as file is
there...
include('a/folder/a/file.php'); #won't work at all ...

Yes, I know that the file is there - I use include() the same way since my
very beginning of programming.
What do you think I've misconfigured? Is that something with PHP on windows?
php.ini? directory specifications? apache?

Any suggestions would be very appreciated,

Thanks in advance,
Maxim Maletsky