Hi Kevin,

First thought that comes to mind is explode() so something like :

  <?php

    $string = '5;6;12;21;36;42';

    $count  = count(explode(';',$string));

  ?>

I assume that would work.  That explodes it into an array then counts it,
check out :

    http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.explode.php

It's a really fun function to play with.

Regards,

Philip Olson
http://www.cornado.com/