I charge a rate of $80 an hour or so, and haven't had any problems.

Chad

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Lee [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2001 3:38 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [PHP] Pricing for PHP programming???

$3000 - $10,000 cdn month depending on the work. Some projects will take a
month, but can be done while working on three other projects, other require
dedicated time, this is more costly.

The more projects you do the greater your own list of libraries you develop
become, this makees the work easier and faster, you may want to charge the
same amount, or more because the work is done quicker, or less because its
easier for you now.

--

Chris Lee
Mediawaveonline.com

""Shane McBride"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
001a01c08bc3$f61aa9c0$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:001a01c08bc3$f61aa9c0$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
I know this is not really a PHP question, but it should make for a good
thread. :)

I was wondering what other PHP people charge to write PHP? I have just been
given a project for a fairly large customer, much larger than I normally do
work for. So I am VERY confused.concerned about how to price it. Most of my
other PHP projects have been done for small single owners businesses, and
the PHP has been pretty basic.

Now that I can actually do what I am being asked without have to learn it, I
am stuck. I did a shopping cart for someone, but I didn't charge them a REAL
price because I didn't know how to do it with PHP. So, I of course didn't
charge the client for my learning curve.

I know the price is very dependant upon the task. What I am doing is
creating a web-based front-end for a MySQL database. I'll need to create the
database tables, etc. The front-end is going to be rather dynamic since the
data content depends largely on the previous choices of the end-user. One or
two tables with 20-30 fields. 5-6 pages of html and PHP.

I'm just scouting this out, and am VERY confident with the contributors to
this list and their opinions.

TIA,
Shane