Does anyone have, or know of a script which simulates what Apache gives out
when it shows the entire contents of a directory ?

I find it very handy to use the directory listing of say graphics
directories and the like, but I dont want others looking into them.

What I thought would be a good system is to have an index.php file which
asks for a password. If the password is accepted, it shoots them off to a
php script which displays the contents of the DIR just as apache would.

This way I can bar viewing of the directories contents, only viewable to
the owners of the password.

Ive seen a couple of scripts which claim to show the directory listing, but
none of them seem to work any good with a decent layout and amount of file
info. So im looking for a script which can display the listing properly.
Does one exist, or am I just relieving myself into the wind ?

Thanks

Chris

--
       Chris Aitken - Webmaster/Database Designer - IDEAL Internet
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  phone: +61 2 4628 8888  fax: +61 2 4628 8890