Alain,

Have you tried changing your keyboard layout in the Windows Control-Panel
to Swiss-French?
As far as I know, Java uses your systems keyboard layout.

Java will be supported by other vendors such as Sun & IBM on Windows so I
wouldn't worry about it ;)
And of course our aim is to support UNIX platforms such as Linux which also
have Java support.

Andi