I think your best bet would be to use cookies tagged as secure. My
understanding is that if a cookie is tagged as secure, then the web server
should not give any scripting language access to it (i.e. if you have a
secure cookie LOGGEDIN, then PHP would NOT have $LOGGEDIN set [use isset] if
the user tries to use HTTP instead of HTTPS).

"Michael Conley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
2102328FD2ECD411879E00609737BFD11C83@FATBOY">news:2102328FD2ECD411879E00609737BFD11C83@FATBOY...
> I have several PHP files that I only want users to be able to access via
> HTTPS.  How can I control that on an Apache 1.3.14 server running on
RedHat