"phpLover" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am sorry if my question is confusing. What I mean is that CGI is
excellent
> in handling flat file data base, reading and writing files line by line,
> word by wor. So is PHP equally strong?

I assume you mean Perl CGI - there are many programming languages that can
run as a CGI.  PHP installed as an Apache module will in general run scripts
faster than a Perl CGI or PHP CGI.  PHP works great for file handling
scripts, though as your files grow you'll probably want to consider using
databases instead of flat files.

--
Steve Werby
COO