> I don't think you should be using static variables in the
> functions. Don't
> forget that you might have more than one thread accessing this
> function at
> a time (unless you came to the conclusion that a race here can't
> do any harm).

I dont think race conditions here will do any real harm but then again its
probably best to be safe. Having said that I am not 100% sure on how to make
it thread safe either which I would like to do. Are there any documents or
guidlines anywhere I can read about this? Its probably a good chance to
learn.

James