SELECT options is null or not an object

> Does anyone know why I get this error when selecting an option in the box?

I think that's a JavaScript error message, no?...  In a popup window rather
than in  the middle of your page...

> <script language=javascript>
> <!--
> function getDocID(form)
>

> var list = document.docIDchange.useCaseSelected;
> alert('list '+list);

Ah, yes.

*Here* you try to dig down into the form object to get your DocID:

> var docID = list.options[list.selectedIndex].value;

And *here* you also try to dig down into the form object to get your DocID:

> onChange=\"getDocID(this.options[this.selectedIndex].value)\" SIZE=5>\n";

You should only be doing all that this.options[this.selectedIndex].value in
*one* of the two places.

I'd put it in the function, myself.  YMMV.  It's a religious issue.

--
Visit the Zend Store at http://www.zend.com/store/
Wanna help me out?  Like Music?  Buy a CD: http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm