Heaven forbid you use a command line. I wouldn't trade my *NIX prompt for
anything. Once you learn it you're set. MySQL's prompt is much like Oracle's
prompt and we all know Access has NO business anywhere near "enterprise"
software.

I'd recommend learning the command prompt (which an hour's read on linuxdoc.org
can fix). If you decide to move to PHPMyAdmin (ack!) I'd be willing to bet you
move right back to the power of the prompt.

My $0.02

--Joe aka "Lover of the Prompt"