Hi PHPers!

how can I reference a result set by array index numbers???

this $sql="select field from table where id_field = 1";
would return a result like this:

field
-----------
first
second
third

from this table

id_field  field
--------|--------
1           first
1           second
1           third
2           fourth
2           fifth

how can I do something like this:

$array=mysql_db_query($database, $sql, $link_id);

echo array[0];  //I want this to print "first"
echo array[1];  //I want this to print "second"

I know mysql_fetch_array pulls a ROW into an array, but in this case the row
is only one item wide, so I essentially want column results in an indexed
array.

TIA!
andrew