Hi,

I'm having a weird problem with a recently upgraded box.
Its a RedHat + PHP4.0.4pl1-3 + Apache-1.3.14-3 box (All packages were
installed from RedHat official RPMs)

I have a very simple form with enctype=multipart/form-data. This will allow
some users to upload files. This code was working perfectly with previous
versions and now that I've updated PHP and Apache I get he following:

After the submit, the script that receives field contents reports an extra
\r BEFORE the real field content, indicated by users on previous script
(with the form). With plain text fields it would be no problem, I can use
ltrim and discard the extra \r, but what happens with the file field is
more complicated, I can't trim this field, but with the extra \r it doens't
validate as a valid file.

I've seen a post very similar in phpbuilder.com with the same exact problem
and with the same exact versions of Apache/PHP. I don't exactly know if
this a PHP issue or Apache problem. Maybe some of you could enlighnten me
on this question.

TIA.

---
System Administrator ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
ZBit - Software, Lda. (http://www.zbit.pt)
Rua Ponte de Pau, N.º 19
3510-100 VISEU
Tel./FAX: 232 428 753