On Monday 12 February 2001 01:31, Scott Mebberson wrote:

> I understand that as of version 3.24, MySQL will support subselects.
> But untill then (because 3.23 is the latest stable release) I need to
> convert this SQL satement into something that can be used with v3.2? -
> the version just before the latest release.
>
> $search = "SELECT count(search_table.word) as score,
> search_table.qid,page_data.contents
>  FROM search_table,page_data
>  WHERE page_data.pID = search_table.qid AND search_table.word
>  IN($querywords)
>  GROUP BY search_table.qid
>  ORDER BY score DESC";

Uh, perhaps I'm blind and/or dumb, but I just can't find a subselect in
that query.
The query as written here should run fine in any MySQL version

--
Christian Reiniger
LGDC Webmaster (http://sunsite.dk/lgdc/)

Nothing is more dangerous than an idea if it's the only one you have.

- Emil-Auguste Chartier, "Propos sur la religion", 1938