"Scott Brown" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have code which runs under PHP3.0.15, and PHP4.0.2 which references the
> result of a
> $row["this_is_a_field_name"]
>
> Well - I compiled a new copy of Apache 1.3.17, pushed PHP up to 4.0.4pl1,
> and upgraded mysql to the new stable version at the same time...
>
> Now the above code doesnt work.  But if I do a:

What error messages do you get?  Add this to beginning of your code and you
might get more error output that will help diagnose.

<?php error_reporting(E_ALL); ?>

> $row[this_is_a_field_name]
>
> Then the code does work.

Odd.  I've noticed the non-quoted versions causing PHP to choke if
error_reporting() is set high enough.  I've never know the opposite to be
true.

> Have I messed up something in the PHP configuration that doesnt allow
these
> quoted identifiers anymore?
>
> Or is this just a new (less-than-compatible) upgrade to PHP that I've
missed
> reading about??

It could be a configuration option or a php.ini setting.  Create a page with
<?php phpinfo(); ?> in it and post your configuration options to the list.

--
Steve Werby
COO