try this script:

http://www.wokzilla.com/usage/usage.php3

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael McGlothlin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2001 1:17 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP] Piping/parsing Apache logs though PHP?

I'd like to pipe and parse my Apache logs through PHP into a MySQL db.
Is there a way to do this automaticlly for each entry and would that
cause a major performance loss to the web server? If not does anyone
know the best way to parse the server log? I'd like to do somerthing
like move the server log to a temp file, Restart Apache so the logs will
keep being written, and parse the log and save it's values in a database
but this has the obvious problem of what happens to PHP when Apache is
restarted in the manner the Apache logs specify. Any suggestions? Thanks.