I think you can rename it by using a full path. Have you tried it yet?

Cheers,
Maxim Maletsky

-----Original Message-----
From: Miguel Loureiro [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2001 12:02 AM
To: php-gen
Subject: [PHP] rename?

Hi ,
having a hierarchy of directories, like A\b\d, A\c, I would like to move
directory A\b\d to A\c\d , to (try) to get it I test something like
rename(d,".. / c/d"), but I get " Warning: Rename failed (No such file or
directory) in  ", it's necessary create the directory first, I mean ,
Mkdir(second_d) ? but the command its RENAME... or there are other, better ,
ways to do what I want. Consider that the directory d have lots of things
(files and directories...).
T.Y
Best Regards
Miguel Loureiro <[EMAIL PROTECTED] >