On Friday, February 16, 2001, at 09:27 AM, Jeff Oien wrote:

> $result = mysql_query($sql,$connection)
>       or die("Couldn't execute query.");  //<<error from here

you die argument is next to worthless. change it to:

die("ERROR ".mysql_errno().": ".mysql_error()."<pre>$query</pre");

this should tell you everything you need to know about why your query failed.

:: Andrew Rush :: Lead Systems Developer :: MaineToday.com ::
"Crippled
:but free, blind all the time, i was learning to see"

- J. Garcia / R. Hunter

The
:views expressed herein are not necessarily those of my employer, but
they let me
:have them anyway.