On Sun, Feb 18, 2001 at 06:54:02PM -0700, Julian Rockey wrote:
> Yes I had a look at mktime() and date() and tried to think of an easy
> way to do it but couldn't... you can convert both dates to a UNIX
> timestamp (millseconds after whatever date) then do a subtraction... and
> then what? Easy to work out number of days from millseconds as a day's
> length is fixed but to go to months is harder as of course you need more
> information than just the actual elapsed time. Similar problam with
> mktime() as it's designed for actual dates, not differences between days.

The Unix timestamp is in seconds after midnight January 1 1970. A
approximatley calculation can be done with seconds. One minute has 60
seconds and 60 minutes are one hour. One day have 24 hours. But 24 hours
times 7 days are not everytime a week and you should know a year has
sometimes 365 days and sometimes 366 days. All calendar programs which are
spret with GNU/Linux have some knowledge about the deviations.

> What is XEmacs calc- mode and calendar mode? I'm not all that familiar
> with Unix I'm afraid..

I think you can use XEmacs on all Windows operating systems. If I have
time, I will install such a great editor on my Windows ME. Windows Notepad
is such a pain.

-Egon

http://www.linuxtag.de/
http://php.net/books.php