On Mon, 19 Feb 2001 15:43, toto wrote:
> the solution is javascript-based rather than php-based.
>
> Just put this code....and when you submit, the value you'll process
> stored in variable hidden_list_selected. each value selected are
> separated by comma delimiter.

>       <head>
>               <script language="javascript">
>                       function insert(thisObject){
>                               thisForm = eval("document.frmInput");
>                               thisForm.hidden_list_selected.value = "";
>
>                               // flag to put comma as separate variable for each
>selected
> category flag_first = true;
>

>for(counter=0;counter<thisObject.options.length;counter++){
>                                       if(thisObject.options[counter].selected){
>                                               if(flag_first)
>                                                       flag_first = false;
>                                               else
>
>thisForm.hidden_list_selected.value+= ",";
>
>thisForm.hidden_list_selected.value+=thisObject[counter].value;
>                                       }
>                               }
>                       }
>               </script>
>       </head>
>
>               <form name="frmInput" method="post" action="testAction.php">
>                       <select name="sel_category" multiple size="4"
> onChange="javascript:insert(this);">
>                       <option value="Fruit">Fruit</option>
>                       <option value="vegetables">Vegetables</option>
>                       <option value="fish">Fish</option>
>                       </select>
>                       <input type="text" name="hidden_list_selected" value="">
>                       <input type="submit">
>               </form>

I think you need to name the list as an array thus:
<select name="category[]" multiple size="4">

Then your receiving script can parse category as an array of the chosen
elements.

--
David Robley                        | WEBMASTER & Mail List Admin
RESEARCH CENTRE FOR INJURY STUDIES  | http://www.nisu.flinders.edu.au/