If the result is always something, for instance in the worth case it is
'N/A'
then do:

if($AgeChild != 'N/A')
        you can continue

isset check if the variable has at least a byte in it.

so this will return true:

$var = ' ';
if(isset($var))
        echo 'got something in it';

Just check for what you know is inside (or not inside) the variable.

Sincerely,

 Maxim Maletsky
 Founder, Chief Developer

 PHPBeginner.com (Where PHP Begins)