I have a problem with imap_open:

I can do imap_open on nntp server that has no authentication. But when i try on
a nntpserver that requires a password.. php dumps core (signal 11 gdb backtrace
is #0 0x0 in ?? ()) ( i executed the cgi version of php to be sure that apache
has nothing to do with it.)

i tested c-client with the mtest program and it worked perfectly.

I've tried to compile php4 with -enable-debug but i'm not so experienced with
gdb so when i load the core-file i still get no symbols or references to the
instruction that causes the problem.

it should be simple to test:
try to connect to a nntp server without username and password
try to connect to a nntp server that requires username and password

i have looked through the c-client code and the php4 extension and i could
imagine the problem might be in mm_login but i'm

the server is running:
php4.0.5-dev latest cvs
linux 2.2.12-20smp
imap (imap-2001.BETA.SNAP-0102201858) also tried (imap-4.7c)

All help is appreciated an if anybody wants more information or maybe a test
nntp account i can provide that (just send me a mail).

regards

Bo O. Erichsen

check out http://www.jay.net