On Tue, Feb 27, 2001 at 10:34:53AM +1030, David Robley wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Feb 2001 20:52, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > I'm a beginner but...I can't install php-4.o.4pl1 on my linux
> > mandrake..why?
> > When I run configure ,the program checks all the files...
> > there are some missing..but it never return an error
> > it return a warning 'you will need bison if you want to regenerate the
> > php parsers'
> > and after other check..it stops with this error'cannot find output for
> > lex;giving up'

You need to do a installation of a complete C development environment,
including flex and bison. Locate the RPMs on your CD or load it from a RPM
repository. www.rpmfind.com seems to be down.

> You are missing some of the files you need to compile - you may need to
> seek assistance from someone familiar with Mandrake to determine how to
> add the necessary stuff. I can tell you how with slackware....

If you want control everything yourself install Debian. At the LinuxDays
last year in Stuttgart we have installed Mandrake. But the friendly people
from the Mandrake booth couldn't help us with Jade and DocBook.

-Egon

--
http://www.linuxtag.de/
http://php.net/books.php