"automatic update the document become active after all the related document become
active."

unsure what your meaning here. cron is used to run a script once and
hour/day/week/month etc, you can spec it differnet, but this is a standard system. on
my redhat system

    /etc/cron.daily/

just place a file in there

    /etc/cron.daily/backup

set the execuatable bit

    chmod +x /etc/cron.dail/backup

edit the file

    nano /etc/cron.daily/backup

put some stuff in there.

    /usr/local/bin/php -q /home/httpd/vhosts/somesite/somefile.php

put some stuff in /home/httpd/vhosts/somesite/somefile.php

    <?php
        phpinfo();
    ?>

have fun.

--

 Chris Lee
 Mediawaveonline.com

 ph. 250.377.1095
 ph. 250.376.2690
 fx. 250.554.1120

 [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Wen Ni Leong" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
I have created a program using PHP3 and MYSQL.  I want to use cron job
to automatic update the document become active after all the related
document become active.

Can you please give me some idea how to start?  I really don't have any
idea.  Please teach me.

Thanks
Wendy