At 14:47 01.03.2001, Mat Marlow said:
--------------------[snip]--------------------
>Hi,
>Surely you don't have to re-boot the server (NT/IIS) when you change the
>.ini file??!! I'm trying to change the SMTP value but when I do, my
>phpinfo() page still lists the old one. And that'll be why my forms don't
>work! ;o)
>I've stopped and started the website to no avail, what should I do?
--------------------[snip]--------------------

If you're using the CGI (php.exe) changes should be reflected immediately.
If you're using the ISAPI (php4isapi.dll) you need to down and restart the
IIS Admin service (Web Publishing Service is not sufficient). Reason:  the
ISAPI reads the ini file once upon being loaded, and it remains loaded with
IIS until shutdown.

Hth,

     ...ebird

   >O     Ernest E. Vogelsinger