From: "Michael Hall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Yes you can. Include a field in your db called 'date' or whatever.
>
> Generate the date in your script using:
>
> $today = date("Y-m-d");
>
> Then simply add the date to the db along with everything else.
> There are lots of ways to format dates, too many to describe here.
> Have a look at the PHP manual.
> Also, if you make the data-type of the date field 'date', your options for
> formatting are more limited. That stuff is all in the MySQL manual.
>
> Michael
>

> On Sun, 4 Mar 2001, george wrote:
>
> >   Can you mark the date when an entry is placed in the db and then get
that
> > date to display  when the info is pulled out
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > george

If you make the field in the database of type "DATETIME" then you can insert
dates and select formatted date values using MySQL's date and time
functions. (I assume you're using a MySQL database.) There is no need to use
PHP's date functions.

Examples:

CREATE TABLE mytable (
    mydate DATETIME,
)

To insert the current date, use NOW() as the date value:

INSERT INTO mytable VALUES (..., NOW(), ...)

To select the date formatted as "Saturday March 5th 2001 12:30 PM":

SELECT
    col1,
    col2,
    DATE_FORMAT(mydate, '%W %M %D %Y %r') AS mydate,
    col4
FROM mytable

http://www.mysql.com/doc/D/a/Date_and_time_functions.html

Cheers