On Mon, 10 Mar 2003 22:34:44 +0800, Jason Wong wrote:

>On Monday 10 March 2003 22:30, {R}ichard Ashton wrote:
>> Is there a generally recommended way of storing an array created by PHP
>> in a MySQL database field ?
>
>serialize() and unserialize().
>
>> What type of field should it be, and how do you get the whole array
>> back in one go without reconstructing it row by row, if that is
>> possible?
>
>Any text field will do, just make sure it's large enough for your data.

Thanks that now makes much more sense. So when I look at the data in
the database I see
a:142:{i:1;s:52:[52characters];i:2;s:37:[37characters] and so on for
the 142 elements of the array.

But getting it out is not so easy.

$result = mysql_query( " select post from posts where id = '$id' ")

Gives $result as a Resource id #6 which is OK but I cant find the PHP
MySQL command to get the whole field back to unserialize it :(

{R}